- Location: Arborfield, Wokingham
- Client: Legsun Limited
- Duration: 52 Weeks
- Cost: £350,000
- Sector: Education
S&G Air Conditioning Contracts Ltd were employed by Legsun Ltd to supply and install HVAC services for the new school. The schools air-conditioning services were designed with a mixture of Daikin Heat Recovery VRV, split systems, and mechanical ventilation was provided via Swegon Air Handling Units with cooling and heating coils. Due to the high occupancy levels proposed it was a challenge to provide comfortable internal conditions that also satisfy Building Regulations whilst keeping to the modern design of the newly built school.
We supplied and installed Daikin Heat Recovery VRV and split systems which consisted of a mixture of fan coil unit types to suit the various rooms. These include one-way blow ceiling cassette units, 4-way blow ceiling cassette units and wall mounted units. The systems ensure that during the peak heat loads the internal temperature is maintained at the desired level.
The Daikin systems were all connected to a BACnet gateway to allow the new BMS control system to connect and control all new Daikin plant.
For the general offices, main halls and kitchen new primary air ventilation systems were installed. S&G supplied and installed five Swegon Air Handling Units fitted with refrigerant based heat pump coils connected to eleven condensing units. These units also incorporated thermal wheel technology to give additional heat recovery options.
Scope of Works
- Installation of Daikin Heat Recovery VRV Air Conditioning Systems
- Installation of New Daikin wall mounted split systems to serve comms rooms and conference room
- Installation of Daikin BACnet gateway and control cabling for interface to BMS
- Installation of Swegon AHUs with DX cooling and heating coils
- Full commissioning of both Daikin and Swegon equipment.