- Location: Portsmouth
- Client: Barrie Beard
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Cost: £130,000
- Sector: Commercial
S&G Air Conditioning Contracts Ltd were employed by Barrie Beard Ltd to design, supply and install HVAC services to the new Capita Office. The premises had an existing provision of heating, cooling and mechanical ventilation via the landlords VAV system but due to the high occupancy levels proposed they were insufficient and supplementary cooling and mechanical ventilation was required to provide comfortable internal conditions and to also satisfy Building Regulations.
We carried out heat load calculations to establish the shortfall of the cooling being provided by the landlords VAV system and from this we designed and installed new energy efficient, heat recovery VRF equipment. The system consists of a mixture of fan coil unit types including cassettes and ceiling void ducted units and ensures that during the peak heat loads, the internal temperature is maintained at the desired level. We also calculated the shortfall in fresh air being provided and from this selected an appropriate heat recovery ventilation unit to provide the supplementary air required. The premises consist of open plan office spaces, cellular offices, meeting rooms, TP suite, breakout/tea point and comms room.
Scope of Works
- Installation of Mitsubishi Electric VRF Air Conditioning System
- Installation of secondary ductwork systems and grilles
- Installation of Mitsubishi Electric HRU, primary ductwork system and grilles
- Modifications to existing VAV system including rerouting and extending ductwork
- Modifications to existing controls
- Installation of dedicated extract ductwork system to tea point
- Full commissioning and air balancing inc. existing VAV system
- Installation of New Daikin wall mounted twin split systems to serve comms room
- Installation of new tea point domestic services including Zip under sink water heater, Zip above sink water boiler, hot and cold water feeds and above ground drainage pipework
- Installation of new cold water feed to drinking water point
- Chlorination of pipework services.