- Location: Aldgate, London
- Client: Oktra Southern
- Duration: 13 weeks
- Cost: £570,000
- Sector: Commercial
The project consisted of refurbishment of seven floors of offices to create a new Business School for students.
All works were undertaken under a short program due to the School needing to open in line with term times.
The project was a full design and build incorporating Heat Recovery and Het Pump VRF, Heat Pump Split Systems and new primary ductwork distribution.
S&G designed a variety of refrigerant systems to serve the vary types of use for each of the floors. The floors consisted of offices, classrooms, meeting rooms and a canteen in the Lower Ground.
Due to the program constraints of the project, 4no condenser modules had to be stripped down and transported to the roof area in parts, these were lifted through the riser shaft up into a roof plant room then re-assembled onsite in the roof plant area.
All internal units were 4-way blow cassette types, a central controller was installed for building wide control.
Our scope of works included the following:
- Installation of 2no VRF systems and 25no Split systems over seven floors
- A new packaged AHU was installed in the basement to supplement the existing AHU on the roof due to the increase in fresh air required
- The existing building BMS system was overhauled and a new Head End installed in the Basement to control the AHU and boiler plant
- All new ductwork risers and distribution ductwork was installed through the building to provide supply and extract air from the various rooms