- Location: Bristol
- Client: Paramount D&B
- Duration: 26 weeks
- Cost: £150,000
- Sector: Commercial
S&G Air Conditioning Contracts Ltd were employed by Paramount D&B to carry out the modifications to the existing air conditioning, mechanical ventilation, and domestic services systems to suit the Cat A fitout across five floors within this building in the centre of Bristol city centre.
We attended site to validate the existing 4 pipe air conditioning systems and mechanical ventilation systems serving the office spaces on each floor level. The operational status of the main plant was checked together with us measuring and recording the existing heating & chilled water and air flow rates being provided.
The existing 4 pipe (CHW/LTHW) ducted fan coil units were modified, including relocating where required and adding or extending the secondary ductwork arrangements so that all the open plan spaces had sufficient heating and cooling coverage.
The existing primary mechanical ventilation system was adapted to suit the new layout including extending primary air ductwork branches.
Additionally, the existing WC extract ventilation system was extended and updated to suit the new showers, cleaners sink, WCs and disabled WC/shower installed.
Within the new ground floor changing/locker room area, a number of new radiators were installed, and these were served from the existing LTHW circuit.
New hot and cold water services plus above ground drainage pipework was installed to serve the new showers, cleaners sink, WCs and disabled WC/shower installed including new water heaters.
Upon completion, the systems were balanced and commissioned to ensure the correct water and air flow rates are provided to each area. All areas had sufficient heating, cooling and ventilation to satisfy Building Regulations following the layout changes.
Our scope of works included the following:
- Validation Survey inc. lab water samples
- Service of existing chiller and boilers
- Overhaul of FCUs including condition report, filter replacements, new flushing loops and new swirl diffusers
- Relocations of existing 4 pipe fan coil units
- Modifications to existing supply and extract air ductwork ventilation systems
- New WC/shower extract ventilation systems
- Thermal insulation and trace heating where required
- Updating of the BMS to suit the modifications and new layout
- Testing, commissioning and chlorination
- Flushing and water treatment
- Water Management Plan
- Client Demonstration
- Provision of O&M Manual